By Default, Windows XP allocate more processing time to run programs. This tutorial will show the steps to change the performance setting for allocating more processing time to run background services.
Step by Step
1. Go to Start >> Settings >> Control Panel
2. Control Panel >> System>> Double Click or Right Click Open
3. Now you can see the System properties window with multiple Tabs.
4. Click on “Advance Tab”
5. Click the “Setting” button under performance
6. Performance Options Window Appears
7. Click on “Adjust for best performance” option box
8. Click Apply and OK